South Central Railway, Secunderabad (Railway Recruitment Cell — RRC) requires 1250 Nos. Asst. Cook/ Cleaner/ Porter, Trackman, Helper—II, Safaiwala and Assistant Points man in various departments/ discipline. Appointments will be in Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Guntur, Guntakal, Nanded Divisions and Workshops at Tirupathi, Guntupalli, Lallaguda of South Central Railway. can be prepared on A4 size paper. Employment No. RRC/SCR/Group-D/1/2012. Eligibility norms in brief is given below—
SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY, SECUNDERABAD (RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL — RRC) REQUIRES 1250 NOS. ASST. COOK/ CLEANER/ PORTER, TRACKMAN, HELPER—II, SAFAIWALA AND ASSISTANT POINTS MAN IN VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS/ DISCIPLINE. EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION NO. RRC/SCR/GROUP-D/1/2012.
1. Name of the posts—(a) Assistant Cook (b) Bearer/Cleaner, (c) Commercial Porter: Total 18 Nos. (Gen—11; SC—2; ST—1; OBC—4). Out of them 7nos. PWD candidates.
Appointment in Commercial Department
2. Trackman: 541 Nos. (Gen—274; SC—78; ST—44; OBC—145).
Appointment in Engineering Department
3. Helper—II: 465 Nos. (Gen—228; SC—77; ST—32; OBC—128). Out of them 38nos. PWD candidates.
Appointment in Civil Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, S&T and Stores Department
4. Safaiwala: 14 Nos. (gen—8; SC—3; ST—1; OBC—2). Out of them 3 Nos. PWD candidates.
Appointment in C&W and Medical Department
5. Assistant Points man: 212 Nos. (Gen—120; SC—24; ST—14; OBC—333)
Appointment in Operating Department
Qualification Required: Class 10 pass OR have done ITI or equivalent. Candidates waiting result may not apply.
Age Limits: between 18yrs to 33yrs as on 1/1/2013. Upper age relaxation for OBC—3yrs; SC/ST—5yrs, PWD—10yrs, Others—as per norms.
Selection of candidates will be through Written Examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Medical Examination.
Written examination will be objective type multiple choice based on 10th class standard to assess the general knowledge/awareness/mathematics/reasoning etc. there will be negative marking for wrong answer.
Physical Efficiency Test will be of—(for Male) Race of 1000 mtrs in 04 minutes 15 seconds and for female—Race of 400 mtrs in 3 minutes 10 seconds.
Application Fee: Rs.40/- only in form of Crossed Demand Draft or IPO drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, Secunderabad – 500 071 payable at Hyderabad or Secunderabad.
Candidates should write their name and address at the back of the Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft. SC/ST/ Women candidates, PWD, Economically backward classes, Ex-Serviceman and Minorities candidates do not required to pay Application fee.
: Candidates may prepare the Application form on plain A4 size paper as per format. is available on the official website of South Central Railway, Secunderabad —http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in
Application format can be directly print-out on plain A4 size paper.
Enclose the following documents along with the application form —
- Demand Draft/Indian Postal Order towards examination fee, as applicable.
- Age proof certificate. Only 10th class or school leaving certificate will be accepted.
- Educational/technical qualifications certificates.
- Caste certificates for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC communities.
- PWD certificates for candidates n case of PH candidate.
- Income certificate for economically backward classes candidates availing fee concession.
- Self-declaration for candidates belonging to minority communities availing fee concession.
The duly filled in application form along with the required documents should be addressed to the Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, 1st Floor, ‘C’ Block, Rail Nilayam, South Central Railway, Secunderabad – 500 071.
The envelope should be clearly superscribed— “APPLICATION FOR ERSTWHILE GROUP-D POSTS - GRADE PAY 1800/-”, EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO. RRC/SCR/GROUP-D/1/2012”.
Last Date of Application: Application should reach the above address on and before